*beta* blubVolley 1.0

• 1. I have bug when i play against maximal number of bots: first game is ok, but all others begin not immediately - game freezes for first 15-30 seconds. But bots are making points anyway. :D
    2. I don't know if it's bug or a feature, but if i have typed some text in chat and closed the gameroom without sending it, later when i create the room again the message doesn't reset and is still written.

1. r u plying in Internet or offline/LAN? :)
    2. let's say feature :D

Thx for feedback :thumbsup:
    Markus

• Quoted from "Torrente"
    - When you play vs a bot and you left room and someone is in, sometimes
    bot goes master so it cant change settings xD
    will be fixed

Let's go on!
    changelog:
    --- bot gets master

not fixed! i've seen this bug few minutes ago! :)
    player who should be admin can start game (by clicking "Ready"), kick bot (even "admin" :D), but it's not possible for him to change settings. also he can't see status near his nickname, but players who joined later see the correct status.

-----
    next bug exists for a long time: when i change options and click "Apply and Restart", game opens in a new window, but first window doesn't close.

• 1st bug gets fixed, had it too! :thumbup:
    2nd will try to fix too! Thx!

Have fun :thumbsup:
    Markus

• This evening i've found some more bugs.
    1. Bug with player's status (without bots now). I will describe it. I played with Ank, then Torrente joined during the game. After the end of the game i've exited. In 1-2 minutes i joined Ank's room again. Torrente was Admin (on my screen), but the real admin was Ank. He can't start the game, while i was unready on his PC all time (i've pressed "Ready" several times without result). Very strange situation :D
    2. I think this is a bug of the server: ball had very strange physics sometimes: flying through players, changed direction without any help from players :D

Edited. I've maked a video where you can see second bug. It's on 18 second. Sorry for crazy-skin (i just wanted to create world-cup's ball, but...) :D
    http://yfrog.com/bg92846355z
    P.S. This isn't bug of PC because i was making a video, i have it too when all other applications were closed.

• This evening i've found some more bugs.
    1. Bug with player's status (without bots now). I will describe it. I played with Ank, then Torrente joined during the game. After the end of the game i've exited. In 1-2 minutes i joined Ank's room again. Torrente was Admin (on my screen), but the real admin was Ank. He can't start the game, while i was unready on his PC all time (i've pressed "Ready" several times without result). Very strange situation :D
    2. I think this is a bug of the server: ball had very strange physics sometimes: flying through players, changed direction without any help from players :D

Edited. I've maked a video where you can see second bug. It's on 18 second. Sorry for crazy-skin (i just wanted to create world-cup's ball, but...) :D
    http://yfrog.com/bg92846355z
    P.S. This isn't bug of PC because i was making a video, i have it too when all other applications were closed.

as good, as fixed :thumbup:
    Nice skin! :thumbsup:

Markus

• Now some suggestions ;)
    1. I think it will be useful if there will be button "cancel" starting the game. For example someone may ask you something during the countdown or you select wrong settings and press "Start". Now it's not possible to cancel the start without changing team or asking another player to get unready. :(

Nice skin! :thumbsup:

Thanks :D It was my first attempt in changing graphics in 1.0. :D Do you need new skins for game? I can make some :)
    So next suggestion about mods:
    2. Will be good if there will be possibility to change skin, background, ball directly in game options (not by renaming files)

• Now some suggestions ;)
    1. I think it will be useful if there will be button "cancel" starting the game. For example someone may ask you something during the countdown or you select wrong settings and press "Start". Now it's not possible to cancel the start without changing team or asking another player to get unready. :(

Thanks :D It was my first attempt in changing graphics in 1.0. :D Do you need new skins for game? I can make some :)
    So next suggestion about mods:
    2. Will be good if there will be possibility to change skin, background, ball directly in game options (not by renaming files)

both noted for 1.1 thx for helping making blubVolley perfect :D
    Markus

• Hi all

Changelog
    --- update spanish langauge
    --- update russian language
    --- update german language
    --- several bugs when Master leaves
    --- bug, big lag at slow PCs when starting the 2nd game
    --- bug 2 windows after "Apply and restart"
    --- delete QtGui.dll reduces Zip about 5mb
    --- add one more bots

This is the final version. If no bug occurs I'll shut 0.8 tomorrow morning down. :thumbup:

Downloadlink got updated in first post

Have fun :thumbsup:
    Markus

• Can't test new version now, but i have something about 1.0g to write.

My provider had some problems this morning, so i had no internet. I've joined blub this time. Instead of "Internet" was "Please update first", but there wasn't sound of error. It appeared only during playing in singleplayer after some time. Maybe it should appear when you launch the game?
    Also i had the bug with 1x speed in singleplayer/lan again. i've played using other speeds too and i think 1x = 0.5x. I saved replay of buggy game and it was slow as 0.5x too. Other replays (1x) which i made in internet-mode had the usual speed. So i think 1x is changing into 0.5x singleplayer/lan somehow. :)
    And now suggestion for 1.1. (I'm not sure if i hadn't suggested it yet, then sorry) ;) What about creating default settings for each player? For example, i play only using 1x speed and i have to change speed from 1.1x every time. If there will be option in settings, i could have choose there 1x as my default speed once and there won't be any need to change settings always.

And one more suggestion. What about button "Kick all bots"? It's too long to kick 8 bots at the moment. :(

• Can't test new version now, but i have something about 1.0g to write.

My provider had some problems this morning, so i had no internet. I've joined blub this time. Instead of "Internet" was "Please update first", but there wasn't sound of error. It appeared only during playing in singleplayer after some time. Maybe it should appear when you launch the game?
    Also i had the bug with 1x speed in singleplayer/lan again. i've played using other speeds too and i think 1x = 0.5x. I saved replay of buggy game and it was slow as 0.5x too. Other replays (1x) which i made in internet-mode had the usual speed. So i think 1x is changing into 0.5x singleplayer/lan somehow. :)
    And now suggestion for 1.1. (I'm not sure if i hadn't suggested it yet, then sorry) ;) What about creating default settings for each player? For example, i play only using 1x speed and i have to change speed from 1.1x every time. If there will be option in settings, i could have choose there 1x as my default speed once and there won't be any need to change settings always.

And one more suggestion. What about button "Kick all bots"? It's too long to kick 8 bots at the moment. :(

That bug "Please update first" when playing should be fixed in 1.0h
    The speedbug should be fixed too, if not pls tell me! :)

Nice fresh ideas! Noted for 1.1 :thumbsup:

Markus

• Hi markus,

the last phrases I've translated into spanish do not appear in h version so i've translated them again, i attach blub.xlm
    The bots now are called "easy", maybe you can do a new phrase to translate "easy"
    i'm going to do new balls right now i will upload them later

I told spanish esl admin about new version and when you release 1.0 he will introduce it in ESL ;)

• the last phrases I've translated into spanish do not appear in h version so i've translated them again, i attach blub.xlm
    The bots now are called "easy", maybe you can do a new phrase to translate "easy"
    i'm going to do new balls right now i will upload them later

"easy" can't be translateable, because it's a filename. That's the only think which won't be translateable :thumbup:

I told spanish esl admin about new version and when you release 1.0 he will introduce it in ESL ;)

niz :thumbsup:

1.0j released
    Link got updated in first post

Have fun and thx for feedback :thumbsup:
    Markus

• ;)
    I did 10 balls, you can see them in here http://blub-game.com/for1/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=139

Markus you can set a botton in options to choose the ball you want, if not you have to change the name of balltex and restart game when you want to change it, if it takes a lot of work better for 1.1 version ^^