No sound on kubuntu 11.04

• Hello!
    There were some problems installing the game (I had to dload "libboost-thread1.40.0_1.40.0-6ubuntu1_i386" and manually install that; the game don't like the newer version "1.42"), but now I've got the problem, that i don't know how to solve - there are no sounds in "1.1.8.3_i386" version of the game, Volume value is 100%, but I hear nothing during the game.
    Thank you!

• Thank you for the answer! I'll be waiting for the solution very much and I'm ready to provide all necessary information about the OS or smth that is needed.

Sorry for poor English.

• I tested with Ubuntu 12.04 and have not sound, too. There was also the problem, that i needed to manually install libboost-thread1.40.0, libglut3, libois-1.2.0 from natty or lucid, though there are never versions of these packages in precise (12.04), bevor i could install blubvolley.

• I just recompiled version 1.1; because of mac and ubuntu. The new version will get released tomorrow and will be in the official ubuntu store as soon as canonical confirms.
    Because fmod has a propietary license I included a new sound library - so that bug should be fixed!
    and I fixed the boost 1.40.0 dependency bug --> I simply linked the lib static :thumbup:

Come by tomorrow for a fixed version. :thumbsup:

Markus

• Just gave the new compiled version to Canonical for approvement, never worked with that company, so don't know how long it'll last till app gets approved.
    However the soundbug stays for the newest versions of ubuntu; and can't fix it without a day work. Don't want to put much more energy into v1.1 - but will get fixed for v1.2; for sure!

Markus

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O