*work in progress* 1.2 blubVolley

• Hi guys

ToDo:
    --- upgrade mygui 2.0.1 - 3.0 RC1
    --- upgrade ogre3d to 1.7.3
    --- upgrade boost to 1.45.0
    --- upgrade qt to 4.7.4
    - Possibility for Master to ban another player in his game room, so that this player won't join this room until it'll be closed;
    - Multiple humans on the same computer;
    - ? Button "Kick all bots"; ?
    - Button to return to watch the game (after player stopped to play / watch the game, he goes to the gameroom, but there is no button to continue watching the game);
    - Hard bot;
    - "Match point" (when there is one point till victory, there should be some symbol near points of leader);
    - It'll be nice to hear in replays not only whistles when somebody makes a point, but also sounds of players and net's touches;
    --- Option "Points when ball": add "!" in replays
    ---! at 0:0 in game;
    --- Possibility to delete replays directly in replay-window;
    --- Possibility to rename replays directly in replay-window;
    --- Rewind in replays;
    --- Fix the counter of online-players (or remove it :D);
    --- Make the phrase "Player xxx tried to join the game" multilanguage;
    --- Possibility to change file "core.png" in options (like theme change);
    --- Change zoom settings not only by Page Up & Page Down, but in game settings too, so that more people will know about this feature;
    --- Version of game in Credits. I suggest to add it in the title of window: now it's empty, so it'll be better if there will be some useful info about the game;
    - Bot documentation;
    --- Add Indonesian language;
    --- Changing blobs colors (you said it's a kind of modding, but why not to add this possibility into game options).
    - Option of changing game room's name
    - new GUI-Design
    --- auto save replays (optional)
    - effects, like "Matchball" or "hattrick"
    - intro
    --- integrated browser window in the main menu with the latest blubNews
    - Instead of ESL-Koth do an official blubVolley online Ranking, integrated at the official blubWebsite
    - ranked games only for registred player and for player with different IP's
    - all gameServer on one Server
    - when disconnect to any server automatically try to reconnect for 30 seconds. After failure do disconnect
    - fix bug when team A on right side.
    - several msgbox Transloations
    --- bug in replay: gametimecounter soes not get slower
    --- phrase 1004 "Reset ball" --> "Reset player"
    --- change the "!" to a ballIcon
    --- show the ballIcon not only when "points when ball", show it everytime
    - kick in lan does not work
    --- fix udp message-management

- BETA -

- Ubuntu 10.04 release
    - mac OS X 10.6 release
    - ?iPad release?

Have fun :thumbsup:
    Markus

• And I thought iPad only because for blubVolley the display should be large enough, which isn't given on iPhone, or what do u think?

Yes, iPhone's display is too small for chat and game settings. :( It's a pity - there are lots of users of this device, so this could have increased popularity of blub...

10.04 because it's LTS :-) do u use ubuntu? :thumbup:

Thought so :) I have both Ubuntu 11.04 and Windows XP, but mostly i use Windows ;)

• I saw one bug in 1.1 today - one player was in the list twice

I have joined this server (4PL.de) several times again and saw the same players like on my screenshot in post #6. They seems to be disconnected, but they are still in the list. I think that's the reason of a bug from my previous message :)

• Great 8o that you continue working on blub markus. Somethings I want to suggest/add:
    -the bug for mouse game on the right side (mirror playing 8| )
    -possibility for own bots on online servers (we could make bot challenges) (i expect undoable)
    -possibility to view whether someone is joining the online servers. When theres nothing going on and you wait for someone to play, it's nice to spend the time playing with a bot.
    - maybe playing against yourself for training (single player without bots)? Like playing against a wall or having one player on each side of the field (= two players) with one input (also zum Beispiel nur mit der Maus zwei spieler "synchron" auf beiden Felder steuern)
    - possibility for: when playing 2on2 or other team matches your are not allowed to hit the ball more the once in a row instead of 3 times for more team playing (and more beach volleyball likeness)

Thanks for your work

• -the bug for mouse game on the right side (mirror playing 8| )

Agree, should be fixed.

-possibility for own bots on online servers (we could make bot challenges) (i expect undoable)

I think that's impossible and useless, as there are not many people who develop bots. It will be easier to add unofficial bots on server ;)

-possibility to view whether someone is joining the online servers. When theres nothing going on and you wait for someone to play, it's nice to spend the time playing with a bot.

I think it's useless. There will be ability to change gameroom's name, so you can write "1on1 4fun" and begin playing with bots, players who joined the server will see the title and join your room, if they want to play in this mode.

- maybe playing against yourself for training (single player without bots)? Like playing against a wall or having one player on each side of the field (= two players) with one input (also zum Beispiel nur mit der Maus zwei spieler "synchron" auf beiden Felder steuern)

Two players on the same computer is planned, i think it'll be possible to setup the same keys for both players, not sure about the mouse.

- possibility for: when playing 2on2 or other team matches your are not allowed to hit the ball more the once in a row instead of 3 times for more team playing (and more beach volleyball likeness)

Nice idea! But then there should be also 3 touches for the whole team! ;)

• Hi Markus , can you tell me when will be the next official release (1-st September , October ..) ? I'm one of the translators , so this info will be very important . Thanks .

• 1. will be done
    2. agree with GK
    3. already implemented? there is a sound and a message in the chat?
    4. yes, as GK said, will be implemented but as "hotseat" :D
    5. don't like that idea, because if the opposite are grinches, they play the ball to each other and don't let the other team play

Markus, you told that there are too many settings and noobs new players can't cope with it. Then what about help-window, as in blubSpace?
    And what do you think about Aerval's suggestions? ;)

will stick to my idea and additionally do a link :thumbsup:

Thx for all ur feedback :thumbup:
    Markus

• 5. don't like that idea, because if the opposite are grinches, they play the ball to each other and don't let the other team play

[/quote]
    That's not exactly what I mean. I'd like to keep the "three touches in team" rule but add a "one touch in a row per player" rule =>As it is in real (beach) volley ball.
    I thought it would bring more challenge into team matches because all players would need to act as teams and not like tow or more single players in one field.