highscore features

• I'm starting the new online-highscore-property.
    Which features should it have?
    I thought of
    - Top of the month
    - Top of the last 7 days
    - Top of the year
    - Top of all Time
    - Calculation of highscore, alla ESL, WINS²/LOSTS
    - only 3 games a day against the same player
    - default lost if player leaves early or losses connection
    - no guests (avoid fake plays)
    - not 2 player on the same IP (avoid fake plays)
    - list all games a player did

Any more ideas?
    Have fun
    Markus

• - Top of the month
    - Top of the last 7 days
    - Top of the year
    - Top of all Time
    - Calculation of highscore, alla ESL, WINS²/LOSTS

:thumbsup:

- only 3 games a day against the same player

Will it be possible to play "for fun" with this player after reaching this limit?

- default lost if player leaves early or losses connection

Good, but i think there should be possibility to exit without default-lose at 0:0 in case of lags. And if the connection is disconnected to both players because of server's bug, this match shouldn't be counted for ranking

- no guests (avoid fake plays)

Don't know if it's right decision, because it can decrease the activity, but of course it'll be better if everyone who plays in internet-mode will have an account

- not 2 player on the same IP (avoid fake plays)
    - list all games a player did

:thumbsup:

By the way, this will be only for 1on1 or teams too?

• I guess, the games versus guests should be counted, but on a lower level (about 0.1 or so). There shouldn't be to many fake matches if you stop playing about one ip.
    Also: only 3 games a day versus the same player AND IP

Edit: Or Third game and all further games on the same day are counted together (Possible?)

• Will it be possible to play "for fun" with this player after reaching this limit?

yes!

Good, but i think there should be possibility to exit without default-lose at 0:0 in case of lags. And if the connection is disconnected to both players because of server's bug, this match shouldn't be counted for ranking

good thinking! when a player leaves and and 3 balls or less got played the game won't get counted

By the way, this will be only for 1on1 or teams too?

only 1on1, the problem the highscore calculation for a single person in a 2on2 match. And implementing "teams" is possible, but I don't think there would be much activity (it even didn't work at ESL, blobby-liga)

I guess, the games versus guests should be counted, but on a lower level (about 0.1 or so). There shouldn't be to many fake matches if you stop playing about one ip.

very good idea! will allow guests and count them lesser.

Also: only 3 games a day versus the same player AND IP

good thinking will implement so

Edit: Or Third game and all further games on the same day are counted together (Possible?)

yes, that's possible, but I believe that would be too intransparent system for the player.

Thx for the feedback! :thumbsup:
    Markus

• good thinking! when a player leaves and and 3 balls or less got played the game won't get counted

Or maybe 20sec-limit will be better, that will be enough to see if you have lags. Some matches are too long (especially without jumpover), 3 balls may be done only after several minutes of playing, if player will leave the game after 1, 2, 5... minutes during the score 1:0, 2:0 or 3:0, then it won't be fair not to count this as default-lost.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O